Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quick catch up

11 weeks ago today I gave birth to this booootiful bubba boy..............

Yep that's right Freddy is 11 weeks old today!! So whats been happening......................

It has been a very busy 11 weeks, my mum and step dad arrived 2 days before I had Freddy and were just a god send to have here in those early days, taking and picking up from school, cooking, cleaning, washing, packed lunches, looking after baby Freddy so I could do bits for myself, playing with Maddi making up plays and shows for us to watch each evening and basically allowing me to get Freddy into a routine from the get go. I did struggle lots when they went back to the UK and I'm still missing them everyday but I have to just get on with it.

Then the kids were on Easter holidays and my In-laws were here visiting from the UK, they got caught up in the Volcanic ash issue that stopped flights so they ended up with an 9 days here on top of their 3 weeks.

So now with an empty house (well not really but you know what I mean), the kids back to school, I have been throwing myself into motherhood which I must say has been great, Freddy is an angel, seriously, I am shocked, I didn't know babies could be as contented as he is, he self settles (I implemented this from Day 1 so he knew how too) plays and interacts, has awake time, will just fall asleep anywhere, I could go on, amazing!

I do think it babies react/respond to their mums mood etc and I have been far calmer, confident etc with mothering this time so maybe that has helped.

Unfortunately I am not in a good space for myself mentally, struggling again with old habits that re-surfaced in the last 4-5 weeks, when having a house full and trying to accommodate and get into a routine seemed to get on top of me, this has seen some kilos creep on and I am quite pissed at myself. Now we are back into our initial routine that's helped but I am struggling to get myself straight, with my thoughts, with my actions etc. I'm busy working on it and feel the switch will flick soon and there will be no stopping me.

I am trying to not let it consume me as there are far more important things. I am sooooooo grateful for my precious family, Bryce continues to be Bryce, I find his energy just amazing. Maddi is infectous, a bundle of energy that never stops!! Freddy is my little man, so calm and happy and Paul is just completes me. I am one lucky chicka-dee!!!

Have a great day all xx

2 comments:

Bec said...

Keep up the amazing job you are doing being the best mum ever, you will lose those kgs in no time and be back to a great routine.

Freddy is so cute!!

xox Bec

VanDemons said...

Hi Shar,

I occasionally call past your blog, via kellykane.blogspot.com. I have always found your postings to be inspirational.


Congratulations on the arrival of Freddy. He is truly a gorgeous bub. I had a little boy, Jarvis, 13 weeks ago. I think I'm a bit like you, in that I am really struggling with my head at the moment! I put on about 10kg with Jarvis and so far, have only managed to loose about 1. I keep getting really angry and frustrated with myself and then that results in bad choices in my eating....and then around and around it goes!!! Enough of my problems, though. I hope that you win the battle - soon!

We have a private blog, not terribly interesting, but about our (gorgeous) family if you ever want to have a look let me know and i'll send you an invite.

Best of luck to you and your amazing family,
Paula