Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Catch up and making the change......take responsibilty

Wow, this year is just flying by!! Really I can't believe we are mid august, anyone else think the older you get the quicker it all seems to go??

So I thought it about time I got on and did an update, that’s if anyone is out there still reading....its been that long between posts!

KIDLETS
All are good. Big boy will be 16 in Feb and I freak myself out every time I think about that, so I try not too :) He;s having a great season of footy.

Princess is going to be 8 in a few months. Her gymnastic comp season starts this weekend. They had their control test last weekend (have to be tested on all moves/routine components to see if they will make the level entered into)for this weekends comp. Will be really interesting to see what a year of training 4 x a week for 3 1/2 - 4 hours at a time does, bless her she works hard week in week out and is very dedicated, the Institute of sport expect quite alot from them at such a young age, BUT she never moans, says she doesn't want to go etc so while she wants to go then we support her, she does say she will make the Olympics, so watch this space ;)

Freddy is coming up to 18 months this month, can't believe it. He is at the real cutey age, love it.

Archie will be 5 months this month and just adores Freddy, watches him run about, play etc and Freddy was even making him giggle a few weeks back.

ME
Im doing ok and returned to teaching Bodyattack last week, 4 months 1 week after having my fourth baby, I’m very proud of myself for achieving this and getting back to doing something I love.
Im coming to the end of week 9 of the 12 week challenge I set myself, so a few more weeks left to hit the fitness and weight loss targets I set myself and then continue on with both the fitness goals and the releasing the weight goals then into maintenance which is something I have yet to learn about.

I have continually yo-yo'd my whole life, whether it be by 5kg or 40kg and Im really looking forward to allowing my body to just settle, nourish my body by eating good food, eating everything in moderation and just being.

I must say it has been a relatively easy process this time. The weight is just releasing from my body and I have had no inner turmoil regarding what I can and cant eat, no fighting it.
I feel the difference this time, as I have said in a previous post, is that I accepted where I was at, took responsibility and moved on.
If you don’t truly accept where your at right in that moment you can’t take responsibility for where you are and where your going.

I stood quite a few times in front of a full length mirror, accepted that my body was holding excess fat, that my fitness was non-existent, that I was tired and poisoning myself daily. It was painful and embarrassing that I had allowed my physical form to get this way, but that is all it is, my physical form and I had the power to change this.

So I took responsibility for it, no-one else had made me stop being active or stop exercising, certain factors contributed to it but still I made the decision not to be active.
No-one else had force fed me excess, processed food, each and every time I ate I had the choice.
It was time to lose the excuses and front up, take responsibility for how I got to this place. This was hard for me, admitting that I had done this to myself was hard but until I had done this I couldn’t move forward and learn from it this time as Im never going back to not only the physical discomfort but the mental pain and turmoil that came with it.

Then came the moving on!!! :)
In the beginning it was freaking hard, daily I would catch myself in the mirror and start the negative self talk or walk to school and have to ask Maddi not to chat to me whilst we were walking up hill as I was so out of breath.
BUT day by day this happened less and if it did occur I focussed on replacing the negative with a positive.
A lot of the time my positive was ‘I have accepted, taken responsibility and now I’m making the change’ OR ‘your doing your best given your circumstances’ (a 6 week old bub and a 14 month old plus 2 bigger ones makes for interesting juggling when your trying to find time to do something for yourself!)

Next post will be more about what I have done to get to this point and the results I have seen so far as I have had a few e mails asking me what I have been doing, but I will say in advance, it aint rocket science, just hard work, trusting yourself and the belief that I am creating a WES (Wonderful Evolved/Evolving Shar – THANKS Katie).

Have a great weekend people!


BELIEVE
Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen.
Love your life.
Believe in your own powers, and your own potential, and in your own innate goodness.
Wake every morning with the awe of just being alive.
Discover each day the magnificent, awesome beauty in the world.
Explore and embrace life in yourself and in everyone you see each day.
Reach within to find your own specialness.
Amaze yourself and rouse those around you to the potential of each new day.
Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect; this is the essence of your humanity.
Let those who love you help you.
Trust enough to be able to take.
Look with hope to the horizon of today, for today is all we truly have.
Live this day well.
Let a little sun out as well as in.
Create your own rainbows.
Be open to all your possibilities; all possibilities and Miracles.
Always believe in Miracles.

2 comments:

Katie Paul said...

You're welcome :)

ss2306 said...

Go you!

Hard work? As in the exercise part? How about "easily and effortlessly" because you love to move your body?

Love the mirror work :)

Have a fabulous weekend beautiful, gorgeous Shar. xxx