Saturday, October 4, 2008

Long time - AGAIN!

OK so my plan to post more often didn't eventuate.
Been busy, as usual. I prefer to check in on everyone else than write on mine! :)

Anyway, get comfy this may be a long one and may be in no logical order.

Post Comp / 'Normal' / Being Judged & My way
So having competed in the ALL FEMALES in July I have definitely made progress with certain things post comp.
Such as:
- maintaining my interest in training and my classes etc.
- I had absolutely no ill-effects like post comp 2007, my legs didn't swell, not sleeping, hot sweats etc (thanks Di)
- no total and all out binges continuously, weeks on end, for example.

In saying that......... In an effort to force myself to try and find 'normal' and 'eating in moderation' I have allowed myself too much food of the not so healthy type and found that I am beating myself up because I feel I will never be 'normal' as I am obviously not able to maintain a balanced approach to eating, therefore have a little post comp weight with me.

Also been struggling with being a person that likes to have a goal and trying not to focus on it to much, so that I 'want to do this for me', trying to focus on the internal without having any external motivating factors, I have been struggling because:
- I feel I should just be able to do this day in day out 'just for me', coz that's what others say,
- because that's how others think it should be,
- because others will judge me for always wanting to focus on a goal, a date, a event for my motivating factor.

Well you know what, I have come to the conclusion that if I'm happy having a date, a goal to strive for, an event to focus on, something to be better version of me for, not just physically but mentally, then I say JUDGE AWAY.

Everyone is different, who says - if it works, I can't do it my way?
If I am healthier, happier, not under any mental struggle and I enjoy completing a challenge then looking for the next....................... then let me be.

Phew.....sorry that got a little tense, feels good though!! Here's to my next goal :)
which I will blog soon in another post.

Mum's Bragging Moment
I know not everyone is interested so please scroll down if you aren't as I'm posting it anyway :)

BRYCE - Bryce had his School Sports carnival and won all events he was in, got Champion boy and was super duper excited to go to the Interschool Sports Carnival, where the best runner from each school enter, 8 schools from the district competed.
He won the 400m, placed 2nd in Long Jump, won 200m, 100m, 2nd in the relay and can't remember in the Grand relay 3rd I think.
I had absolutely no idea how fast he had got over the last year! hence I have made contact with an athletics club.
Here is the montage we put together, he is in red, running in the 2nd lane from inside of track. You know how it is with You Tube, better to let it run through and buffer then watch without the interuptions.
WARNING - I AM A VERY VOCAL MOTHER!!!! (I'm also a Group Fitness Instructor and a Pommie) You may want to turn the volume off :) as after 4 races my voice is very irritating :)


Maddison - Maddi has been attending Gymnastics for about 6 months now and loving it. We got a letter inviting her to attend trials/assessment for 4-5 year olds to become part of WAIS (WA Institute of Sport) Gymnastic Squad as they are setting up the squads to develop for 2020!!
So we went today and of course she loved it. It is very interesting to Paul and I as we are into training etc.
They tested them on the trampoline for agility and control I think, the beam for balance - on a full height beam, she had to walk backwards on her own the length of the beam, turn then do a star jump and land it. Then strength, Chin Ups and hold them chin above bar, then for abdominal strength hanging leg holds. Also tested there guts!! they got them to stand up on a high bar to see if they would jump into the pit from a height, then again on a higher bar.
We should hear next week, I'm unsure as to whether they will take her further, I think she is a bit of a loose cannon and they may have picked that up!! :) what ever the outcome it really doesn't matter as she will continue on regardless.

Other stuff
I can't wait to catch up on all the comp news from this weekend, just been onto Tara's blog and seen her results from the INBA, how cool 'You made the nationals girl' WELL DONE.

Paul is away next week to do his CHEK Exercise Coach qualification, he's looking forward upskilling and learning. Doing really well now at his new gym.

I'm still GFM for FF and teaching my classes. Les mills development starting and next round of QW to focus on.

Hope your all well, back sooner than last time!
Shar x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shar - I love your post! I think the exact same as you - expectations and being judged places so much pressure - unnecessarily! EG: a LOT of people lately been sayng "so what happens to your body after comp - you going to try stay like this cause you look great" ME feel like saying "WTF did i look like shit before, are you telling me i was fat?" BUT alas, I just smile and say "no i will be returning to my normal lifestyle blah blah blah" Some people dont understand...
I know i need to stop thinking so much of my "next" challenge post comp - but that's me, always wanting to reach a goal, but i think my next one will be brain related not body related (ie: commencing University studies) just taking every day as it comes for now and enjoy what is left of 2008 :)

SO thanks so much Shar for sharing your thoughts, i think exact same....and

YOU ARE HILARIOUS - I was sitting here wanting to yell "GO BRYCE" ;)

little rene said...

Hey Shar!

I don't think there is anything wrong with being goal oriented. I am struggling a little bit now with being a stay at home Mum because I feel like I have lost all of my "routine".

I often set goals for myself in terms of fitness and diet that are related to events or visits.

For example I am going to Sawtell around the end of November and I am focussed on shmicking up my body for that :)

I find it really helps! You keep doing whatever works for you :)

As long as the reward is not a massive out of control "free for all" with food I don't think it hurts anyone!

Unknown said...

Dont beat yourself up if you gain a few kilos or find maintaining a good balance hard. Maybe what you consider a good balance, is too strict for your body. If your body is craving certain things, maybe you need them!!

Just think about where you came from, and how you got there, and I bet you dont look an inch like how you used to look at 100 kilos.

Be proud of your achievements, your daily struggles, and dont let anyone tell you that you should do things a certain way.

Whats easy for some is not easy for others, appreciate that you are doing it your way, and that each day you know you did your best for that day, and if you want, you can do it better tomorrow.

Sorry for the rambling comment.

xx

Claudine said...

Shar,
I think that what really matters is how YOU perceive yourself. Be yourself at any cost, and if the others don't like it, well... F@ck them ;)