Friday, March 4, 2011

Come tell me what you think?

Ok, so 2011 is going to be my year.
I have lots of little goals I want to achieve both personally, in health and fitness and professionally.
All of these alongside being a mum for the 4th time.

I was going to start a new blog where I would blog about only health, fitness, weight loss goals and the whole journey about really trying to get my head right surrounding this.
Then keep my mumsie stuff, day to day stuff here on mum on a mission.

But I'm wondering, isn't what I'm embarking on this year my day to day stuff?
It will be what I do each day, how I cope with everything I'm planning etc that will be the journey.

I was tempted by the 'new blog' as I was going to make it private as I really want to let loose, be brutally honest, allow people to follow a
Real journey, can I do this on here, am I willing to let it out and not know who's reading?

So here I am, what to do -

A) Have 2 blogs and invite to the 2nd one.

B) keep it on here, go for it and be open to who may be reading

C) have 2 open blogs but it will allow me to keep it separate, not everyone want to hear about weight loss etc


so drop me a comment and let me know what you would prefer to read and how.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmmmm...yes, that is a tough one. Well, for me I love reading about your day to day stuff and weight loss goals etc as I feel I can relate :)

In terms of keeping both blogs open to the public, I guess that depends on how you think you would handle any not so nice comments that may be posted (or not if you only approve the comments you want). There is always going to be people out there that will want to put their 2 cents in!

Which ever way you go, make sure it is something you are going to be comfortable with :)

Nicole xx

Magda said...

My honest opinion. I love weight loss / fitness / headspace about 75%and the mum stuff about 25%. It all interrelates but thats a good balance for me.

Public vs private??? On the fence. If I thought people at work or my family was reading my blog I'd be shocked and appalled because its too "raw" for what I want others to know. Its a personal thing and only the author can decide.

XX

Magda (I will be an avid follower regardless)

About This Blog said...

You need to be comfortable with your decision. If you go 'private' pleeeease invite me, as I always love to read your blog about whatever it is going to be.

Barbara xo

Unknown said...

Yes, it is a tough one. I love reading about both your day-to-day as well as your fitness goals. I understand your concerns of putting everything out there for anyone to read. Just a quick question, do you want to try and maintain 2 blogs? I have another blog just with my daily training and diet (really boring stuff) and at times it can get a bit much to keep both up to date. Just a thought. Whatever you decide, I'll look forward to your updates :o)

LizN said...

I reckon roll it into the one blog - and write from your heart :)

The Stark's said...

Honesty is the best policy. If people don't like what they read they can bugger off :)

Your blog(s), your decision. I think you already know what you want to do. Listen to your heart. It will be the right thing for you EVERYTIME.

PS Did you read some of my SHIT over the past couple of years (lol).

Maryanne said...

I love reading your blog and helping out where I can - I would love to keep doing this is possible. as Shelley said - do what your heart tells you to do xx

Hilds said...

Shar, use your blog to help you. So if a personal blog is going to help you get things off your chest and allow you to be more honest then do that (just make sure I can read, he, he). Having two blogs can be hard especially with 4 kids in tow so just do whatever you will enjoy the most and get the most out of.

I still don't know how you do it all! Your doing great Shar.