Wednesday, June 24, 2009

5 Weeks

Wow I'm at 5 weeks already, when I found out we were extremely early on and hadn't even missed my period but the tests have advance alot and maybe my HCG is stronger than my previous pregnancy's.
When I put the little ticker thing on the right up it was saying 3 weeks 6 days I think, now I'm 5 weeks 1 day!! YAY, every day is nearer to safety hey?

Anyway, I have been very sick with the flu and have taken the week off both my jobs sick.
Alicia commented she had a cold in early stage too so I googled it and this is what I found in symptoms of early pregnancy -

Nasal Stuffiness / Colds
A foetus is very clever, even at an early age. In a healthy pregnancy, your immune system is suppressed and prevented from attacking and rejecting the foetus as if it were an foreign object by hormones and antibodies the foetus produces. The antibodies also take part in the growth and development of the placenta. As a result of these hormonal changes to your immune system, you are more susceptible to colds and flu. Nasal stuffiness is also very common in pregnancy due to the hormonal effects on the nasal passages.


Not sure about any one else but I love the ticker thing on the side BUT I'm really not loving the visual at the moment!! :) It doesn't look like a baby at all and spooks me a little!! in the nicest possible way of course.

OMG - I can't believe I haven't said, MY MUM AND STEP DAD are coming over!!!! they land the day before due date!! I can't believe it. Singapore Airlines (the best airline to fly to the UK with in my opinion) are doing sale flights and the return is $800!!!! That is amazing, its normally around $1600.

Hopefully my sister, her partner and my NEICE! is coming to but we are just waiting to sort that out, also waiting on my good friend Katie and her husband to see if they are coming.
Then I think Pauls parents can just scrape in on not the cheap cheap flights but still cheaper so they are looking at booking too.

What does this mean to us - Visitors from Mid Jan through to Mid April with a baby in the middle!! I can't wait.

Anyway, have a great day everyone, its pouring down here in Perth but I love it It reminds me of home, opppssyyy, the UK, Australia is home.

Shar x

5 comments:

Kek said...

Funny about the ticker image - I always think they look like aliens or weird tadpole-creatures or something. It's nice when they start to look more human. LOL.

Bec said...

Oh my goodness Shar, I haven't read blogs for a week or two and look what happens!! Oh my goodness!!!!! Congratulations!! Wow, a third bubba, I am so happy for you :)

Wishing you all the best for these early weeks. It sounds like you have it sorted though, I am sure everything will be great with a happy little bubba in 9 months time.

Will you find out what you are having? I couldn't help myself, lol!!

xox Rebecca

Shar said...

Thanks Kek, yes tadpole-creature is a great description.

Hey Rebecca, yeah I don't hang about!!! we were amazed and very greatful, just hoping its all meant to be and all goes well.
Yes we will find out, found out with both the other kids, I hate waiting and hate suprises!

Bug's Mumma said...

Hahaha when you look at the image you kinda go 'eeeeeeew!'. Thankfully mine is actually starting to look like a baby now, not a jellybean with knobs for arms!

Some good websites - www.bubhub.com.au and www.huggies.com.au

Valley Girl said...

lots of exciting things happening for you shar, which is awesome...

Keep smiling, I love your photo, all happy and smiley...