Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekly report - Week 2 and other ramblings

So a good week this week, results on the sidebar.
These results have come with 2 days off trianing and classes due to being sick, so very pleased this week.

Feels good to find a place that is consistent, yep only 2 weeks on this way of eating but even before that I haven't had a binge for ages, like I can't remember how long.
Sure I ate too much now and again, but it was controlled not mindless binging.

I am really enjoying everyday, no restrictions = no mental fighting, a level of training that is not absorbing all of my spare time nor my energy, a place that I can travel my journey to my next goal at a pace that allows me to watch and feel what is happening along the way.

So I missed a few sessions at the end of this week as I have been fighting a really sore throat all week and as usual when I get a sore throat it means I'm more than likely going to get a cold. Well Friday was the worst so far this week and sure enough my nose did start to run, I stayed at home, on the sofa, had a sleep and when I woke up my throat was better but my nose was streaming.
Had a bad night last night and when I woke up after a little bit of sleep I was even worse, feel like absolute poo today, watering eyes, running nose, which is now red raw, headache blah blah blah.
So no classes today or tomorrow, lots of sitting around (which is driving me freaking crazy) and hope to be back in action Monday.

Was saying to Di, normally I would use a break in training due to being sick etc as a reason to 'indulge' to make myslef feel better, but when I looked at it a bit deeper I have noted that being at home, doing nothing is a trigger for me food wise, also may relate to the 'weekend' mentality I used to have, days off work, being at home all weekend with less to do / out of routine etc.

Anyway, gonna lay down and doze see if I don't wake up feeling a little better!
Have a great weekend
Shar x

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Racing through life is very stressful.
If we stay in high gear too long, we lose our ability to shift down.
And when we're stressed, we can't access happiness, appreciation, fun, compassion, generosity, awareness of beauty and other wonderful qualities.
High stress also triggers negative emotions like frustration, impatience, anger and fear.
Life has so much to offer if we will slow down and truly experience it.
We must always remember that we are the ones in control of the accelerator.
We CAN choose to brake.

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast -- you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."
-- Eddie Cantor

1 comment:

Fifi said...

Hey Shar. Sorry you're feeling crappy but great results nonetheless!

Hope you're feeling 100% soon :o)